Position Starting September, 2022
The Children’s Program is seeking a full-time psychologist resident. Our private multidisciplinary children’s mental health clinic in southwest Portland employs more than two dozen professionals (psychologists, licensed professional counselors, developmental & behavioral pediatricians, psychiatrists, psychometrician, speech-language pathologist, and educational consultant) and has served thousands of families over three decades. The position will start in September of 2022 and continue for one year.
This position will involve a combination of psychological assessment work with children who are involved in the child welfare system, as well as therapy work with school-age children and children with disruptive behavior disorders. We will be prioritizing applicants who have a demonstrated strong interest in working with young children impacted by anxiety and/or Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Previous training in empirically-supported approaches with these populations, such as behavioral parent training, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE), Incredible Years parenting curriculum, Circle of Security parenting curriculum, and other relevant approaches, is preferred.
- Candidates should hold a Psy.D. or Ph.D. in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology from an APA accredited institution
- Applicants must have completed an APA- or APPIC-recognized pre-doctoral internship
- Have clinical training and applied experience serving children and families
The benefits of working at our clinic include:
- A competitive salary
- Insurance-eligible position
- Numerous continuing education and consultation opportunities
- Full-time staff support with administrative tasks, including:
- Intake screening
- Billing & collections
- Credentialing & insurance empanelling
- Marketing & community outreach
- Well-established sources of client referrals from medical & mental health professionals, schools, and other institutions in the Portland metro area
- A vibrant, fun, supportive office environment
For further information and to apply for the position, please email CV and cover letter to Rose Eagle, Ph.D., Director of Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org.