Position begins September 2024
The Children’s Program is seeking a full-time psychologist resident. Our private multidisciplinary children’s mental health clinic in southwest Portland employs more than two dozen professionals (psychologists, licensed professional counselors, developmental & behavioral pediatricians,
psychiatrists, psychometrician, speech-language pathologist, and educational consultant) and has served thousands of families over more than three decades. The position will start in September of 2024 and continue for one year.
This position will involve a combination of assessment and intervention. The resident will complete psychological evaluations of children and youth (ages 2-18) for whom Autism Spectrum Disorder is a primary referral concern. Previous experience in ADOS-2 administration and/or clinical work with children and youth with ASD is desirable. Intervention work will focus primarily on working with children and youth ages 11-21 who have ASD diagnoses as well as co-occurring challenges related to anxiety and depression, social and adaptive skills deficits, executive functioning vulnerabilities, etc. Resident should be neurodiversity-affirming and also should have experience and comfort working with LGBTIQA+ youth and related adjustment concerns. Opportunities for group social skills intervention and parent training and support are also available.
A background in assessment and intervention with children and families is required and experience with evidence-based evaluation and therapy is preferred.
- Candidates should hold a Psy.D. or Ph.D. in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology from an APA accredited institution
- Applicants must have completed an APA- or APPIC-recognized pre-doctoral internship
- Have clinical training and applied experience serving children and families
The benefits of working at our clinic include:
- $55,000 annual salary
- Generous vacation and leave policy
- 5 days PTO per quarter (to use as sick time, vacation, etc.)
- 8 paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Labor Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, Memorial Day
- Insurance-eligible position
- Medical and dental benefit-eligible (with employee contribution)
- Access to FSA and dependent daycare through AFLAC
- Disability insurance (1x employee salary up to $50,000 after a 60-day waiting period)
- Malpractice insurance
- Training stipend available for approved trainings
- Access to legal/ethical consultation resources
- Numerous internal training/continuing education opportunities
- Full-time staff support with administrative tasks, including:
- Intake screening
- Billing & collections
- Credentialing & insurance paneling
- Marketing & community outreach
- Well-established sources of client referrals from medical & mental health professionals, schools, and other institutions in the Portland metro area
- A vibrant, fun, supportive office environment
Children’s Program values diversity among staff, trainees and the population we serve. Our non-discrimination policy indicates that trainees, clients and staff have the right be treated considerately and respectfully regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, cultural background, economic status, education or disability. We believe that diversity enhances the climate and training environment and are committed to ongoing efforts to recruit and retain diverse staff (including training supervisors) and trainees, as well as to improve our ability to serve diverse populations in our region. We seek to provide ongoing training and educational opportunities for our staff and trainees around issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, with a goal of improving clinical practice, increasing outreach to underserved communities and improving our ability to welcome and support trainees and staff from a wide range of backgrounds.
Residency applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of January 1st, 2024.
For further information and to apply for the position, please email CV and cover letter to Rose Eagle, Ph.D., Director of Training, at email@example.com.