M.A.T Psychologist, Psy.D
Laura received her doctoral degree in clinical psychology with an emphasis in child and family practice from Pacific University. She completed her internship Daily Behavioral Health in Cleveland, Ohio working with children with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues and developmental disabilities. Laura completed clinical training with LifeWorks NW and the Forest Grove School District. She has a master’s degree in education has a clinical interest in educational issues. Laura was an educational consultant at Children’s Program prior to earning her doctorate. Her other areas of interest include psychological and educational assessment, emotional and behavioral disorders, ADHD, anxiety, and adjustment issues. Laura enjoys working with children of all ages, and particularly with late elementary/middle school-aged children. She utilizes a strengths-based approach and works from behavioral, cognitive-behavioral, and solution-focused frameworks.
OR License #1234
Teens and couples
Anxiety and depression
Online articles & resources
- ADHD: What Every Parent Needs to Know, Third Edition by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Getting Ahead of ADHD by Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
- Taking Charge of ADHD by Russell Barkley, Ph.D.
- What to Do When Mistakes Make You Quake by Claire Freeland, Ph.D. and Jaqueline Toner, Ph.D.
- What to Do When You Grumble Too Much by Dawn Huebner, Ph.D.
- Tips for Beating Test Anxiety
A look at parental control options and how to use them.
- The Oregonian: When kids lie, how can parents respond
Child Mind Institute
- Understood: Dyslexia Fact Sheets